Friday, July 23, 2004

Week one is done...

Well, I made it through 4 days without anyone deciding I'm unworthy to work here, so that's a good start. I've been basically thrown into the pool, so to speak, and expected to figure out that swimming business on my own. There's been some flailing on my part, but I haven't drowned yet. The reality is that there has been a big backlog of quality control tests that haven't been done (since the guy I replaced has been gone for almost 2 weeks and he was the only one who did that job), so I've had to jump in with very little training and just figure out how to get the stuff done. There's only one other guy who really knows how to do the tests, and he's always busy with other stuff, so as bad as I feel about bugging him for help all the time, I don't really have any other options. There are some things that are just completely unfamiliar to me...instruments, materials, etc. But I'm figuring it out, and by Monday afternoon I should be caught up on all the tests, so that's definitely a good thing.

Looking forward to a nice weekend. We're having some folks over tomorrow night for a little shindig, so that'll be fun I'm sure. Need to get caught up on laundry, etc. etc., but that's about it. Have a good weekend. :)

No comments: