Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Rock on

Excellent show last night, I must say. It was very loud, and my feet were completely dead by the end of it, but the show was great. Opened up with Charlotte Martin, who has a nice voice but was frequently (to use Tom's word of choice) overwrought. She probably could have done without the microphone, I think. Next was Katy Rose & band. Really liked the sound, couldn't understand a damn word of lyrics. May have to look into getting some of her music, studio-style thank you. This crazy old man in a suit started dancing during her set, and I'm not sure he stopped dancing for the rest of the night, even during set changes. He was amusing, but a little scary.

The Cardigans were up after that. They had a pretty long set, but it was really really good. Tom & I both got a kick out of the bassist, who kept dancing around, kind of strutting, generally looking like he was thoroughly enjoying himself. They played mostly stuff from their new album, with the exception of "Erase and Rewind" somewhere in the middle of the set, and they finished off with "My Favorite Game," so I knew 2 songs at least. Some talented Swedes, they are.

Then for Liz. We spent the first 3 sets at the back of the floor area, but there was an influx of tall people near the end of The Cardigans' set, so we moved closer to the stage during the set change. It's a pretty small venue, so it's not as though we couldn't see well enough from the back of the crowd, except for the minor detail of all those tall people. Anyway, Liz was awesome, and she played a great, nearly-hour-long set. It was a nice mix of old and new material, and I had a fine time singing along.

All in all, a tiring but excellent night. Getting up for work this morning was not pleasant...were I still in school, I would definitely have skipped my morning classes. ;) Tired, tired girl right now, but managing to avoid a nap so (ideally) I'll be able to fall asleep at a reasonable hour tonight.

Okay, I think that's all the latest. Over and out, for now.

No comments: