Sunday, August 22, 2004

Weekend Fun

So it's a little before 9am on Sunday. I'm awake for 2 reasons: the first is that Bravo was supposed to be showing Olympic show jumping from 7-10. (They lied...it's "Things I Hate About You") The other is that I was hoping it'd make it easier for me to fall asleep tonight in preparation for going back on "work schedule" tomorrow. I'm unconvinced, but we'll see.

At any rate, figured this was as good a time as any to update the blog and post a few of the pictures I took yesterday at Zuma Beach. I thought it might be nice to spend a few hours just relaxing at the beach on Saturday, and Tom agreed, so we packed some provisions and headed to Malibu. We picked Zuma because neither of us had been there before (or, if I have, I was too young to remember). The day started out really overcast (yes, we loaded up on sunblock), so we didn't anticipate it being very warm. However, the skies did clear for a little while, the sun making an appearance and sending us to dip our feet in the water. There was a funny moment of seagull insanity; the people picnicking next to us got up to go swimming and left a bag of chips sitting out. Big mistake. One gull ripped into the bag, and that attracted the swarm. It was a frenzy, and even after some guy covered the chip bag with a towel, the gulls still kept coming back. Persistent little buggers.

After eating our lunch and reading for a while (I can't believe I forgot my book...thank goodness Tom brought two), we stowed our stuff in the car and hiked down the beach to Point Dume. It's a big rocky outcropping about 3/4 of a mile from where we'd picnicked. It was pretty cool-looking, and while I'd originally wanted to hike the trail to the top, I was content to just look at it once we got there.

So, that was our fine day yesterday. We were both pretty beat when we got home, and nobody felt like cooking, so Max suggested we order in. We got some tasty Indian food (oh, how I love living in a place where anything you want can be delivered!) and watched more Olympic coverage. As for today, there's not a whole lot on the agenda. Hope everyone's had a fine weekend; enjoy what's left of it. :)

No comments: