Thursday, October 14, 2004

Fun with clocks

Yesterday we had a power outage, so most of the clocks were blinking when I got home from work. Before going to bed, I noticed that Tom had accidentally reset the bedside clock to 11 AM instead of PM; I was glad I'd caught that since the alarm was still set for 6AM. So the alarm went off this morning. I got up, dressed, had breakfast, checked email, etc. I was running a little behind (or so I thought), so imagine my surprise when I actually bothered to pay attention to the time on the cable box, which proclaimed the hour to be 5:32...not 6:32. I did a hasty double-check of all the other battery-operated time telling devices (my watch, cell phone, computer), all of which confirmed that the hour was indeed earlier than I thought. No wonder it hadn't been getting all that light out yet (I'd figured it was just cloudy). Turns out we went to bed at 10 last night, not 11. Well, I took the opportunity to reset the bedside clock, brush my teeth and crawl back into bed to doze for another 45 minutes. Can't say I feel that much more refreshed for it, but it was sure nice to be able to go back to bed instead of having to rush out the door. When the alarm went off again, I was able to just roll out of bed, rid myself of accumulated cat hair, and go. I even got to work early.

No comments: