Monday, October 11, 2004

Some kind of title

Saturday after my half-day of work, I met Gram Gram for lunch in Burbank. We had a fine meal at Chevy's and got a chance to catch up a bit. It was a very nice visit. :) We met up at Barnes & Noble, and since I got there a bit early, I went in and bought America (The Book), which was written by Jon Stewart and the folks of The Daily Show. It's a history "textbook" and is absolutely hilarious.

On the way home from lunch, I picked up some Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Mmmmm, Krispy Kreme...I eat these about once every 6 months, so I figure I don't run any sort of heart attack risk by my occasional indulgence.

Saturday evening (well, night really), Tom and I went with the roommates to the local comedy club to see Orny Adams. The openers were Christopher Titus (who had a short-lived sitcom on FOX) and a girl named Dana Eagle, who was very funny. Orny himself had a pretty amusing set. They're pretty enjoyable, those comedy shows.

Sunday...yeah, I don't remember much of Sunday. I was pretty tired. I know there was some watching of football. I read a lot and dozed on the couch. I even got to bed at a reasonable hour, but I didn't sleep very soundly. I was really tired and (needless to say) very uninspired about going to work this morning.

So now I'm sitting here watching Leo play one-man (cat) hockey with a hair band on the kitchen floor. And I mean that as in "an accessory used to restrain one's locks", not "Twisted Sister et al". Though the latter would probably be pretty funny.

No comments: