Sunday, November 28, 2004

A Disney coupla days

Yesterday was, of course, the Disneyland trip. For as long as I can remember, we've always gotten up at the crack of dawn to be at the gates of the park as early as possible. This time, I slept until I woke up, got down there around 11:30, and just enjoyed the day with my family.


Disneyland was crowded! Holy cow. I don't remember the last time I've been there when it was that packed. The rides kept shutting down temporarily (we got all the way to the front of the Indiana Jones line and got turned back...luckily, we'd only been in the Fast Pass line, and eventually made it on the ride later), Amy got run over by a stroller in the mob exiting the park after the fireworks, and we had to search high and low for food after 10pm, but on balance, a fine time was had by all.


Crowds!

We had park hopper passes, so we spent the day ambling back and forth between D-land and California Adventure. C.A. was a little less crowded - not by much, but it was enough to offer a brief respite from the throngs across the way. Right after I arrived, Mom, Aunt Teresa & I went on the Tower of Terror. It was really cool! The elevator car is pulled downward, so when you fall, you actually do so faster than the speed of gravity. Also, the car is raised and dropped several times during the ride, and frequently in pitch black, so it's not just a straightforward sort of up-and-down ride. Very cool, lots of fun.

Highlight of the day: I convinced Amy to ride the California Screamin' roller coaster. And she enjoyed it! I'm way proud of my little sis.


You can check out the rest of the photos from the day here. Now, after an excellent (and very full...we were there til the park closed at midnight) day, I was of course exceedingly pleased that I still have two days off. Today I lazed around for most of the morning, all of the afternoon, and a bit of the evening. Around 7, I finally changed out of pajamas, and Tom & I headed out for dinner and a movie. Tasty Thai food, and then off to see The Incredibles. Highly entertaining flick. I would definitely recommend it to one and all. Tomorrow, I anticipate more of the same. Some cleaning, some lazing, generally enjoying the last day of this brief vacation. Hope everyone else has had as fine a weekend as I have!

No comments: