Monday, November 22, 2004

Rain, sleep, movies, food

Man, the end of last week went by fast. Friday I was all set to come in over the weekend, but 15 minutes before it was time to go, I got the grand news that I didn't have to come in after all! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee. So after work Friday I went home and ran 3 miles. My feet were sore after that.

Tom and I rented Mean Girls and watched it. Rather an entertaining flick, for a teen movie. Helps that Tina Fey (of SNL) wrote and directed it; she's pretty clever, so there was a lot less of the dumb humor that you'd find in other movies of that genre.

Saturday I slept until almost ten! Very excellent. We went on a cleaning binge, so the apartment is very nice right now. We watched OSU beat Oregon in the Civil War (go beavs) and then went out to get stuff for dinner. We noticed the last time we were in Trader Joe's that they sell little sacks of pizza dough, so we bought a few bags of that and headed home to make pizzas and breadsticks. While we were in the kitchen working on dinner, we noticed that it had started raining outside. Excuse me. Pouring. From the time we noticed the rain to the time I walked into the living room to close the window, the floor around the window was soaked! The rain was coming down sideways, and we even got some thunder & lightning. The pizzas, meanwhile, never really cooked all the way through, so they were pretty doughy and heavy. Still tasty, though (I thought).

Sunday, slept in again (ahhhhh), did laundry, basically lounged about for most of the day. It got really windy for a while, and it was actually rather chilly out. All in all, a good weekend, and I've got a short week and a nice looooooooong weekend to look forward to. Horray! Work's going all right. I've been pretty busy for about a month straight now, but supposedly it'll slow down again in a couple of months. We'll see. All right, gonna see if I can snag a 15 minute nap before lunch is over. Hasta!

No comments: