Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sick

Well, it finally happened. I got a cold that knocked me out enough to stay home from work for a day. Still feel a little icky today but definitely much better than I did.

Big doin's down here lately. We've had (so far) the third wettest year on record, with almost twice as much rainfall in a few days as we typically get in a whole season. Pretty exciting. Really I'm most amazed by the fact that there can be a rushing river going through an intersection, and then the rain stops for a few hours, and the street dries up completely. That's just astounding to me. Crazy California with its alternately crappy and extremely effective drainage...

I managed to get a few pictures of the apartment yesterday, complete with furnishings. I'll post those at lunchtime, probably. I'm sure I had more news to relate, but I can't think of it right now. More later, perhaps, if I remember.

Update: Stupid Windows2000...not nearly as smart as XP with the whole plug and play thing. It couldn't seem to find drivers for my camera, so no photo uploads from work. I'll try and get the pics posted in a few days.

No comments: