Monday, August 08, 2005

Blog-less weekend

Another nice, restful weekend. We had a good time Friday night at the going-away party. Several people in our circle of acquaintances were in Brazil a week or so ago for a wedding, so we got to hear all sorts of neat stories. It'd sure be nice to have some time to just go somewhere. Ah well, someday...

Got most of the big chores out of the way on Saturday (cleaned the apartment, did laundry) and spent the rest of the weekend working our way through the first season of Scrubs. It'd been a while since I'd watched the show, and I'd forgotten just how funny it is.

Sunday afternoon my search for shorts led us to Old Navy, where I found some satisfactory ones in the men's section. And they were cheap! About half the price of any of the women's shorts we found (which is odd, since they contained more fabric...). The men's section had a much better selection, too. I guess I should have been looking for shorts in January, since here it is, the dead of summer, and all the stores are already plugging their "Back to School/Fall Fashions!", and apparently, men still wear shorts in the fall while women wear jeans, slacks and long skirts. (Even in southern California, where there isn't really any fall to speak of, or winter for that matter.) But anyway, I got my shorts in the end, and I got 'em on the cheap, so thanks Old Navy.

That about wraps up the weekend. Back to the grind. I'll try to come up with something more insightful than a play-by-play of chores and shopping for next time. ;)

4 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

Glad you had a good, shorts-full weekend. :) I can't seem to think of anything to blog about except for a weekend recap myself, so you're not alone!

susan said...

Hehe. Fortunately the bulk of my readership is made up of grandparents and other misc. family members, so they usually read my posts no matter how boring and mundane they are. ;)

Neil said...

Of course, there's also a random male who's a bit disappointed that you didn't get those short Daisy Dukes instead of the boring men's shorts.

susan said...

Heh ;) I wear such things for one man only! The rest of the general public gets the non-ho version.