Thursday, September 29, 2005

Just call me the burninatrix

The week draws to a close, and I am grateful. Today wasn't all bad. I stumbled around this morning, trying to get the ampule sealer to obey me, but the damned thing doesn't respond too well to verbal cajoling...or threats. Eventually, however, victory was mine! I finally figured out how to get the ampules properly sealed before the material within them has time to react with the open air to form undesired precipitate.

Hehe, that reminds me of my most favorite Toothpaste for Dinner comic of all time.

Anyway, there will be more burnination adventures tomorrow, since I ran out of material before I filled my quota of ampules (d'oh! too bad I messed up so many earlier this week); I'll have to make a new batch in the morning and seal the last two ampules. It shouldn't take too long, since I've got a method now.

Goin' on home to Papa John's pizza. :) And homework. :( But that's ok. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your safety word is orange!

Megarita said...

I spent a solid minute wondering whether burnination was a real science word. Not kidding. Still not sure...

Ampules are cool.

susan said...

It's a Homestar Runner reference. Trogdor, the Burninator! So, no, not a real science word, just a real geek word. ;)

Megarita said...

Ahhhh, that's where I'd heard it. I've only a passing acquaintance with the Homestar stuff, but enough to make my ears perk up. Nicely done...