Monday, September 26, 2005

Mmm...pizza

Last night we went over to Max's for dinner. He and Demetri were making pizzas, and not just any pizzas...gourmet pizzas. The first one was in the oven when we arrived - Thai peanut with veggies. Whoa. It was really, really tasty. The peanut butter sauce was also very filling, because after two pieces each, we were all pretty full. Still, the boys continued with pizza number two. This one was pesto and Roquefort. There was a lot of Roquefort on the pizza, and I thought it'd be too overpowering for me, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would've had a second slice if I weren't stuffed to the gills.

After dinner Max dug out his sack-o-laundry quarters and we played poker. Normally I'm not too adept at poker, but by some miracle I ended up in second place. And it was fun. :)

Today was chore day (I think the bathroom is now the cleanest it's been since we moved in), and I was granted online access to my next class. Holy smokes; this one is a complete 180 from Crazyland. Two exams, a 15-page research paper, 500+ pages of reading, plus homework. This is how I expected grad school to be! Hopefully I won't be a quivering wreck by the end of the 4 weeks. I'm optimistic though; the subject matter looks extremely interesting and cool.

And now it's time for bed, because the new work week is a scant few hours away. Ohhhh joy.

No comments: