Monday, September 26, 2005

Pretty morning clouds

Sometimes, driving to work just as dawn is breaking has its perks. This morning, for example, the clouds were exceptionally neat. On my way to work (westbound), they were mostly a smokey gray with shiny white caps at the top. Then once I got to work and was strolling across the parking lot (eastbound), they were gray at the top and glowing a bright pinkish red along the bottom. Changing direction yet again to walk toward my office (northbound), they were tri-colored - white at the top, gray to the left, and tinged with pink on the right side. It was really quite the beautiful morning skyscape.

Hey, unusual cloud color might not be the most exciting thing ever, but I've got to find something positive from the fact that I have to get up so damned early.

3 comments:

Tom said...

They were still quite pretty when I walked into school.

Kris said...

I think some days it actually might be the most exciting part of the day!

Megarita said...

I was trying to google a great line of Wilde's, I think, about the Dawn's slippers -- I always think of it when I see a sunrise.