Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Slow Day and Santa Anas

Yesterday was very nearly interminable. For a little while, I feared the day would in fact never end. It's so strange, isn't it, how on occasion time will just seem to pass so slowly, no matter how busy you may or may not be? Blech. Fortnuately though, today seems to be a little better so far in that regard.

I sat in the car in the parking lot this morning, reluctant to get out because of the heavy winds buffeting my vehicle. Cold mornings I can handle, but I could do without freezing winds while I'm walking around in my shirtsleeves a little after 6am. It wasn't until I had braced myself and actually stepped out of the car that I remembered - oh yeah - we have those crazy warm Santa Ana winds here. It was downright tropical! It's been pleasant this morning, but I know that just means it'll be hot this afternoon. Oh well. Careful what you wish for, right?

No comments: