Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I love...


...goat cheese! There are few things finer on this sweet earth. Someday, when Tom's done with his PhD and we can leave the hell-hole that is Los Angeles and move somewhere nicer, I would love to get a she-goat. I would feed her sweet, sweet grasses, and she would produce the finest, creamiest milk, from which I would have a nearly-limitless supply of tasty, tasty cheese.

(Of course, I'm not sure how the whole milking schedule would fit in with my "not a morning person" preferences, but I suppose if I have to get up early anyway, I may as well have the promise of homemade goat cheese as an incentive.)

Sigh. Someday.

14 comments:

Amy said...

LOL you kill me

Tom said...

Hehe. I could devise some kind of udder-catheterization device that would passively milk the goat.

RitMeyer said...

I love goat cheese too. My husband thinks I'm insane. It's not insane, it's good. I live in the mid-west, while totally in suburb land I wonder if having a goat is at all against the city codes? You have got me thinking lady!

susan said...

I should think having a goat in suburbia would be no worse than having a dog, so long as you've got the yard for it. But then, what do I know about city ordinances? ;)

susan said...

Hehe...udder catheterization device. ;) I have no doubt you could come up with one, though I can't imagine it'd be comfortable for the poor gal.

madre said...

As Homer Simpsonwould say, "Goat cheese, goood, aaagggghhhhhh!"

Marcy said...

Have you ever milked anything or made cheese? ;)

susan said...

I milked a horse once, does that count? ;) Yes, I'm sure I've milked a goat before, too. And so what if I've never made cheese? I'm a fast learner!

Megarita said...

Oh dear lord I love goat cheese. Can I just buy the good cheese from you and help support your goaty enterprises?

Damn cheese is a beautiful thing.

Momentary Academic said...

Goat cheese is wonderful. Feta...Oh Susan, you've just made my day with the thought of cheese.

susan said...

Megarita - Probably better if I don't hog all the cheese for myself anyway, huh? ;) Sure, when my goaty dreams are realized, I'll happily be your supplier.

MA - Always glad to help!

YaYa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mysterygirl! said...

That sounds like reason enough to get your own goat! :)

Amy said...

How do you have 13 (now 14) comments on one blog?? Totally unfair...