Friday, October 07, 2005

Whooo are you? Who-who? Who-who?

Couldn't think of anything terribly interesting to write about today, so I figured I'd piggy-back on MA's blanket tag and answer some questions. Here goes...

1. How old were you when you found out Santa was not a jolly man, but your Mom and Dad?
I think I was about 6 or 7 (correct me if I'm wrong there, Mom). I know I figured out the Tooth Fairy first, and then made the logical leap to Santa.

2. Who was the first celebrity's poster you had hanging on your wall?
I don't know that I've ever actually had a full-size poster of any celebrity on my wall. Had plenty of pictures of David Duchovny up, though.

3. How many times have you heard the phrase, "Please step out of the car Ma'am/Sir."?
Just once. It was the first time I'd gone out drinking, I'd gone with some friends the weekend after my birthday, and I had taken a long time to make sure I was okay to drive before I left the bar. I was driving at midnight back to the navy base where I had a summer internship, and I didn't realize they reconfigured the barricades by the entrance at night. So I got confused and ended up driving in the exit. The kicker was that I would have done that even if I'd had nothing to drink at all. Everything worked out in the end, though. Blew well under the legal limit (can I trust people to take that in a non-sexual way?), and they sent me on my way.

4. What is the lamest reason for breaking up with someone you have ever given or received?
Can't really think of one, but I've only broken up with someone twice and been broken up with once, so I don't exactly have a large sample size from which to draw.

5. What is the dumbest lie you ever told your parents to get out of something?
The dumbest thing would have been trying to lie at all, because I'm horrible at it.

6. Paper or Plastic?
Paper bags with handles, like they have at Trader Joe's.

7. What did you want to be when you grew up when you were little (under 10)?
A jockey.

8. What do you want to be now?
A forensic analyst.

9. What kind and color of underwear do you have on right now?
Geez, my grandparents read this blog...good thing I've got boring underwear, I guess. Sensible blue Hanes Her Way. I think they're called "sport bikinis."

10. What CD are you ashamed to admit you own and listen to?
Hmm...I guess those would just be CDs I wouldn't play in the company of others, hmm? I don't know, probably Pink's debut album and a couple of mix CDs with a few boy band pop songs on 'em. What can I say? Some of them are catchy!

11. Who would you sleep with if you had the opportunity to?
I am a one man woman, thank you very much.

12. Finish this sentence and say what movie this is from. The FBI is going to pay me to ______?
...work in their lab and analyze evidence to help catch bad guys! - Movie of my Future

13. Are you a lame asshole who lied on the above question?
Am I still a lame asshole if I was just trying to be funny?

14. Why did you come to the blog that tagged you?
I've seen MA comment on some (okay, most) of the other blogs I read and was amused by what she had to say. Finally got around to clicking the link on Megarita's blog and giving Fictional Rockstar a read.

15. What is your biggest fear?
Waking up to find Tom has died beside me in the night. (Totally irrational, and I'm a little embarrassed by that, but there it is.) And scorpions.

16. Do you watch reality television and why/why not?
No, and I like Megarita's answer to this question. "I get really stressed out for people, I feel really bad for them, and I hate watching people embarrass themselves. I can't watch some sitcoms for this reason." Ditto.

17. Have you ever slept with someone and wondered why the hell you did that?
Nope.

18. What is your biggest regret?
Eh, I don't really have any huge regrets, but I wish we would have bred Kakki when she was younger. She would have been a good mom.

19. How old where you and what happened the first time you got drunk?
I was 21. See answer to #3.

20. Which would you rather be, the hammer or the nail?
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug... I like RitMeyer's take on the question. "The nail, because I would hold shit together. Yes I would."

21. What is your favorite curse word?
Why does my inner voice suddenly turn into James Lipton's when I read this question? I like the ever-versatile F-bomb, in all its various forms. I particularly like the much-underappreciated "fuckery!" as a standalone expletive.

22. If there was one thing you could ask your parents, but never had the guts, what would that be?
Eh, I don't think asking my parents things really requires guts. Anything I'd be apprehensive about asking would be a question for which I wouldn't really want to know the answer anyway. ;)

23. What are 3 things that make you go Hmmm?
1) That SNL has invited Ashlee Simpson back to be the musical guest again.
2) FOX News
3) Reality TV

24. Real or fake boobies?
Um, real, thankyouverymuch.

25. Do you like being tagged by people?
Certainly it is convenient for days like today, when I have nothing else of interest to write. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Lol which Backdoor Boy were you in love with? AJ? I can't remember, but when I do, you will be teased once again ;) I only tease because I love...

susan said...

You're thinking of Lance Bass from N'Sync, I believe. And I wasn't "in love" with him...I had chosen him to root for because I figured the two pretty-boys in the band got all the attention. Don't confuse pity support with true adoration. ;) And don't make me start teasing back about your Joey MacIntyre obsession...

Amy said...

LOL That's right, it was Lance... And at least I was 6 when I was obsessed with Joey, not a college junior ;) hehehe

Momentary Academic said...

Ah Susan, now I know how you came to read my ramblings! I'm glad that you did this! Yay!