Thursday, October 13, 2005

X-Files Holiday

I am going to descend into utter nerd-dom here for a minute. Bear with me...

Today is October 13th, which happens to be X-Files creator Chris Carter's birthday. It is also Agent Mulder's birthday. And Ten-Thirteen is the name of Carter's production company. The numbers 1013 and 1121 (Mrs. Carter's b-day) show up all over the place on the show - on badge and/or case numbers, hotel rooms, clocks, in phone numbers, etc. - and it made for kind of an I-Spy type game to catch all the times the writers stuck them in. (Actually, I'm fairly certain there were drinking games floating about the internets as well, but that was never really my thing.)

Anyhow, happy birthday to CC and Mulder. And Chris...when are you going to get your crap together and make the second movie, huh? Seriously, it's time.

4 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

I loved X-Files. David Duchovny makes me happy. Oh, Fox Mulder...

Momentary Academic said...

You know what's hilarious? I was at dinner last night and sat across from a table of people who talked about the X-files for 40minutes. And I want to know when the next movie is coming out too.

Yay nerds.

susan said...

MG! - Other girls had pictures of Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt taped up in their high school lockers; I had pictures of Duchovny. ;) 'Nuff said.

MA - Yay nerds, indeed!

Neil said...

That was your nerdiest post yet. But agree with your enthusiasm!