Monday, November 21, 2005

I wish...

...I wish, I wish I were a fish, 'cause fishes have a better life than peo-ple.

Er, sorry, had a Mr. Limpet moment there. What I really wish is that I'd had my camera with me this afternoon. There were about 5 different kinds of clouds in the sky, from big puffy ones to crazy swirly wispy ones. The Mt. Wilson Solar Towercam caught a pretty decent shot with the clouds and the sunset this evening, but I'd still have liked to get pictures of the dark clouds to the west that were still bright white at the tops. They reminded me of Statue of Liberty torches.

Here's the towercam pic from this evening, with the sunset over the ocean.


And here's a daytime picture from yesterday with labels as to where things are.



Photos courtesy of Mt. Wilson Observatory.

5 comments:

neil5280 said...

Where's your fan club? Pretty pictures. Makes me think of Moby.

Neil said...

That's the first Mr. Limpet reference I've ever seen in a blog.

Momentary Academic said...

Why don't I live there? Why?

susan said...

5280 - Good question; why haven't you been visiting lately? ;) Interesting that pictures of Los Angeles and its surrounds make you think of a bald-headed techno artist.

neil - Really, I don't know why there aren't more Mr. Limpet references in blogs.

MA - Because you live in a much more interesting place that has real seasons. I'm so jealous. Grass is always greener, I guess...

YaYa & Miss Maggie said...

Wasn't it fantastic!! I had to pull over, park and get out to fully enjoy the most unusual California sky. To me, it felt that "spirits" were peeking in on us...was a good, warm glow!