Thursday, November 17, 2005

A Study in Contrast

The moon was still fairly high in the sky when I left the house this morning. I'd wanted to get some pictures of it yesterday, when it was quite a bit lower and bigger-looking, but I forgot my camera. I still think I got some pretty decent shots today.


Leaving the house


The exposure in this one was a bit long, so the moon looks unusually bright


This one, however, has a much shorter exposure. Damn near perfect.


I call this one "Moon over Warehouse with Palms." Allow me to draw your attention to the creepy decapitated palm at the far right...

It was nice to have such pleasant scenery on the drive to work. I wish I could say the same for the drive home. Unfortunately, Los Angeles isn't exactly known for its clean air and clear horizons. It's really unnerving, the extent to which we pollute our air.


Ewwww...lovely.

Kind of makes me want to wear my respirator home from work...

5 comments:

Tom said...

I am so not pleased that you're doing this while driving... in SoCal!!

susan said...

I wasn't looking through the camera. :P I set it on the steering wheel and clicked. Never took my eyes off the road.

Neil said...

I love the shot of the moon and the freeway sign.

Momentary Academic said...

I like the palm trees lining the warehouse. I want to go to California.

susan said...

neil - That's my favorite one, too.

MA - If I could afford the plane fare, I'd offer to swap apartments with you for a weekend. ;)