Monday, April 03, 2006

DST and Mondays Always Get Me Down

Ugh. I don't know who came up with the bright idea to screw with the clocks twice a year, but this crap is unacceptable. Don't give me your "oh, but we get an extra hour of daylight!" argument, either. We only "get an extra hour of daylight" if we get to wake up at a reasonable hour in the morning. Those of us who have to leave the house by 5:30 or 6:00 were just starting to enjoy having a fair amount of light in the sky on the way to work. Now we've been plunged back into darkness in the mornings again. Woo-freaking-hoo. No net gain there, my friends. No sirree.

Tales of the weekend coming up a little later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to mention the fact that we only get "extra" daylight if we adopt bankers hours instead of the ridiculously puritanical schedule we keep.

madre said...

Yeah, I also enjoy trying to get to sleep at a decent hour with the sun blazing through the window! It seems Hawaii and Arizona haven't ceased to function without DST forced upon them. However, I SO enjoy those first few days when we get to turn the clocks back an hour..it almost makes DST worth it!

mysterygirl! said...

Yeah, I'm exhausted trying to get out of bed in the a.m. Indiana just went to EDT for the first time (even though the governor's election platform said they would go Central time-- lying s.o.b.), and my dad was complaining to me about going how it was still bright out at 8 pm, and it's only April (indicating to him that maybe they should really have gone central).