Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Rings, rain, and really long days.

Friday night I got a call from the jeweler, who said our rings were in. Yay! We picked them up on Saturday. They are shiny and super excellent. We wore them home, but Tom was somewhat surprised with my desire to put them in a box thereafter and not wear them again until the wedding. I figure it's like this - he's right in that the reason for not wearing them is completely arbitrary. The wedding itself isn't going to change how we feel about each other, and the whole ceremony of it is more for our families and friends than for us anyway. However, you oughtn't open your Christmas presents before Christmas, and you oughtn't wear your wedding rings before the wedding. It's just the way it goes. He tried to convince me otherwise, but I was unbending. ;)

Yesterday was a ridiculously long day for me, as all Mondays this month will be. Woke up at 5 in order to leave the house by 5:30 in order to be at work by 6:00. Worked until noon. Drove ~140 miles to San Diego, checked into my hotel room, hung around until 4:45ish. Went to my crime scene photography class, which is scheduled to run from 5:30-10:00 but (thankfully) let out around 9:00, since it was the first class and there isn't too much to cover until everybody has cameras. I was very tired. This class is going to be exceedingly cool though! I'm looking forward to gaining some mad photography skills.

A big Alaskan storm has made its way down to SoCal where it dumped prodigious amounts of rain on L.A. yesterday and today. It only drizzled a bit on San Diego yesterday, and this morning it was quite warm and sunny. However, the rain arrived this afternoon and has been steadily falling since. The weather folks claim we may get some flooding. Swell. As long as I'm able to make it home tomorrow night though, I don't mind.

That's about it for now. Going to re-watch Big Trouble in Little China, since I fell asleep when we watched it this weekend. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would Jack Burton say ?

Tom said...

Check's in the mail

Momentary Academic said...

I love BTLC! I bought it for my dad for Christmas. Oh early Kim Cattral!

mysterygirl! said...

Yay for rings! I agree that they're best left unworn until the wedding, but that's just my two cents. :)

Anonymous said...

Very informative blog. I found everything I needed here. I also have some good resources . Great content!