Monday, August 07, 2006

Honeymooners

News so big it deserves its own post. ;)

Saturday night we bought our tickets for the Cancun trip. We will be spending ten days on the Riviera Maya (a little bit south of Cancun proper) at this place. It's an all-inclusive resort right on the beach, a short bus trip away from various Mayan ruins, underground rivers, and other neat things. I definitely want to take advantage of the gorgeous sightseeing, but mostly we're looking forward to doing a lot of lounging, reading, swimming, napping, and poolside margarita consuming. ;) I have been a little bundle of excitement all weekend. I've never been to Mexico, and Flickr has been providing me with some drop-dead gorgeous photos of the Yucatan peninsula.


The weather is due to be just about perfect, too. Hurricane season will be over, and even in December/January the average temperature is 82 degrees. Sounds about right to me! Alvin & the Chimpunks have been on a near-continuous loop in my head for the past few days...

Christmas, Christmas time is near
Time for toys and time for cheer
We've been good, but we can't last
Hurry Christmas, hurry fast
Want a plane that loops the loop
Me, I want a hula hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late.

4 comments:

Tom's Dad said...

Sounds great ! Hope the weather cooperates !

Momentary Academic said...

Hooray, hooray! Double Christmas gifts.

Melissa said...

Thanks for blogging my photo! Have a great time in the Mayan Riviera. Its great!! : )

susan said...

Thanks Melissa :) I'm looking forward to it!