Monday, September 11, 2006

Reader Participation Monday

Finish the following sentence:

Water chestnuts...

a. are crunchy and delicious!
b. are essential for stir fry, but not much use for anything else.
c. set my teeth on edge and should never be eaten by anyone, at any time, for any reason.
d. [insert your answer here]

All right, peoples. Now participate.

(And if you're itching for something to read about the anniversary of a pretty crappy day for a lot of people, go here, because she's a lot more eloquent than I am.)

9 comments:

Tom said...

c

Momentary Academic said...

C. Definitely C.

Megan said...

I concur.

(And thanks for the shout out.)

susan said...

See, this is the thing. I've never met anyone who actually likes water chestnuts. And yet there must be a market for them because they're in every frozen bag/restaurant stir fry I've ever had. Seriously, if there are any water chestnut sympathizers out there, speak up. Otherwise, I am going to assume there aren't any.

Marcy said...

I'm going with b. I like them, but only in stir fry. I'm not sure I've ever seen them in anything else...hmmmm.

susan said...

They show up in spinach dip from time to time.

Amy said...

oh come on, you know that I like them! and so does mom! you can't say you don't know anyone that likes them :)

Megan said...

I like the texture of water chestnuts and think that the odd aftertaste of water chestnuts must be because they are canned. I want to try fresh water chestnuts to see if that goes away.

Still, I'm more on the 'like water chestnuts' side. I don't like baby corns at all.

susan said...

It's the texture that bugs me, actually. Mostly because it seems so completely incongruous and jarring amid soft noodles and pan-fried vegetables. But to each her own. ;) I'm sure the water chestnut industry is grateful for people like you.