Thursday, September 07, 2006

Was I what?

At the hospital yesterday, after the admitting nurse took my blood pressure, pulse and temperature (simultaneously!), she started in on the "head injury questions." Did I lose consciousness? (No.) Was I having any vision problems? (No.) Had I been...and then there was a look on her face like she realized mid-sentence how stupid the question was but couldn't stop herself from finishing it...wearing a helmet? Yeah, I'm the one they call Helmet Girl, jogging around the block with my bright pink helmet on. Children point and laugh at me, mothers hold their infants a little closer as I pass, men look at my wedding band and wonder who I think I'm fooling.

No, admitting nurse, I was not wearing a helmet. That's not, however, to say that there isn't a distinct possibility that I should have been wearing one.

6 comments:

Tom said...

Hahaha

Come home, Helmet Girl!

Momentary Academic said...

You poor thing. I won't laugh if you do wear one.

Megan said...

I just read your last post and literally shouted "OH MY GOD" at my computer. I'm glad you're ok. We should go running together because that's something I would totally do, too. We could run around town wearing matching pink helmets. Talk about HAWT!

Tom said...

megan,

if you each would trip apart, what disaster would befall the pair of you?!

susan said...

We might just need some serious-ass full-face motorcycle helmets, that's all. ;) Of course, then there's always the chance we'll pass out from hypoxia...

Amy said...

you can borrow Jefferson's umpiring mask. It's ridiculously heavy and awkward...and he still managed to get hit in the jaw by a ball...on second thought, maybe we should just get you a bubble :)