Sunday, February 18, 2007

Convenient

For whatever reason*, I have developed a powerful association between the taste of limes and our Christmas trip to Mexico. As I sit here on the couch in crappy Los Angeles, eating a Trader Joe's Lime Floe, I am instantly transported back to the fabulous beachside resort where we spent ten glorious days. I'm sure the association will eventually dull with time, but I'm sure enjoying it while it lasts.


*It's not as though there is actually any mystery here. I strongly suspect our daily consumption of cerveza con lima y muchos mojitos was the culprit.

1 comment:

Raulph said...

That is pretty funny. Last night I was making some green curry for a couple of friends. I cut open a lime, and this question came to mind:
Do you have a drinking problem when the first association you have upon tasting a lime is liquor related?

I think it may have to do with my drinks of choice: for a while it was Tanq and Tonic, and more recently we have been fans of the Dark and Stormy: Black Strap Rum, Reeds Ginger Brew, and lime. It is a very good drink.