Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm gonna drive the choo-choo!

That's right. In a few short weeks, I will be an engineer. I applied and interviewed for an engineering job last month and was finally offered the position this afternoon. It was with no small amount of glee that I handed my resignation letter over to my boss. I have tried not to make too much of it here, but I've been less than pleased with my job for a while now and am eager to get a fresh start at a new, significantly less toxic* place.

So that's my good news. I'll get to analyze process problems for a living, rather than mix giant tubs full of nasty solvents. Yay for me!

*I do mean that not only figuratively, but also literally. My current office doubles as a chemical storage room.

6 comments:

Yaya & Buddy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
How proud can we all be???? Very happy you will be in a safe area and put the toxic "hands-on" work to rest. Anxious to hear more...xoxoxo
Yaya & Buddy

Megan said...

YAY for you!!

Tom's dad said...

I tried to congratulate you 2 days ago but stupid blogger screwed up. Please shot blogger with your new sidearm.

Neil Diamond. said...

Congratulations, Susan! WOOOOOHOOOO!

Megan said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you. You go girl with yo bad self. They're so lucky to have you!

susan said...

Thanks everybody! :) I am, as they say, pleased as punch.