Friday, June 08, 2007

Knocked Up

No, I'm not. You can let go of that breath now (you know who you are). ;)

Nah, I'm talking about the movie by Judd Apatow. Funny movie, indeed. We saw it last weekend and, aside from a few terrifying shots in the final birth scene that make me seriously question whether I actually want any part of that, myself, it was quite enjoyable. I'm not going to give you a full-on review, since they're basically all over the internets these days, but I will say it's worth seeing. Go see it!

So, what else have I been up to lately besides watching funny movies? Not much worth writing about, I'm afraid. (I know...obviously.) Work's going reasonably well. I'm no longer a hopeless newbie, anyway, so that's good. And I've been making some fairly good progress on the [expletive of your choosing] thesis. It'll probably take me another month or so to finish, which is annoying, since I'm pretty sick of it at this point, but oh well. Them's the breaks. We've been watching rather a lot of Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel lately, mostly because it seems to always be on. I swear, that show almost makes me want to make a point of consuming more crab, just to contribute to those guys' livelihood. Holy crap, what an insane job. Freezing water, twenty foot waves, 20+ hour shifts sometimes...no thank you! Do not want!

On the diving front, our next outing is scheduled for Father's Day. We're going to dive some oil rigs and get our deep diver certification. Should be pretty excellent! We missed out on the oil rig dive in May (thanks a lot, rhinovirus...), so I'm really looking forward to going this time.

Okay, time to get ready for the sleeping. Happy almost-weekend. :)

3 comments:

Momentary Academic said...

I'm glad that you liked the film. It sounds like a good one. Good luck with your deep diver certification.
I'm off to eat more crab!

Megan said...

I so want to see that movie. One of these days I'll get around to it (or catch it on DVD). I'm envious of all your diving. But, at least I get to live vicariously through your awesome pictures!

susan said...

MA - It definitely was a good one. Thanks for the good luck wishes! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather and no current.

Megan - If you ever get the chance to learn how to dive, I highly recommend it. I'm glad you think my pictures are awesome. :)