Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Polishing the...well, you know

I've had some trouble lately coming up with stuff to write about. I haven't done anything particularly noteworthy or exciting. Mostly I've been trying to make some progress on my thesis, and I'm fairly sure you'd have about as much fun reading about that as I would discussing it. So, instead, I revamped my blog template again. Needed to be upgraded for summer, anyhow. Plus, the old black-and-mauve thing was starting to feel a little oppressive. Or something.

Anyway, in a somewhat desperate attempt to generate some content, I wonder if I could steal an idea from MA and MysteryGirl! and cajole you into playing the "Fake Memory" game. The deal is, you make up a memory about you & me, something that never actually happened, and leave it in the comments. Start your comment with "Remember when..." Best memory wins one of my beloved X-Files postcards! How's that for incentive?! Whadya say?

6 comments:

Dana said...

Remember when we were kids, growing up in Thessaloniki? Our families had adjoining villas, and frequently met for games of squash and picnics on the lawn. When we were just babies my mother and your father began a torrid affair which ended in a double suicide over the cliffs, and a blood feud that pretty much wiped out our remaining relatives. We were bundled up by our toothless old nursemaid in the night, and left on the steps of the local convent, where we were raised as nuns until we were 14 and 15, respectively. Around that time we started wearing lipstick and high heels and jumping the convent walls at night to see our favorite band, Gyro's Heroes. You took up with the lead singer and got us invited on their world tour, which ended with a broken down bus in Hugo, OR (amazingly, it made it over Sexton). The first place we stopped for help was North Valley High, where we were promptly enrolled due to a mistranslation from the Greek, and the rest is history.

Megan said...

I dig the new look. Where was that picture taken? (My guess is Hawaii, but I think I'm probably totally wrong.)

Lord Chimmy said...

Remember when we sat around thinking up all those blogging topics and we agreed that whoever was the first to shamelessly pander for a post would have to pan-handle for 3 hours in the city...

You owe me 3 hours of pan-handling, and I get to split the spoils!

susan said...

Dana wins! Chimmy highlights my lack of blogging proficiency! A fine time is had by all.

susan said...

And Megan, the header photo was taken in Mexico, at the Tulum ruins. Approximately the same latitude as Hawaii, so you were close. ;)

Amy said...

(It looks like the contest is already over, but I want to play anyway...)

Remember when we met in 6th grade at Jamie's slumber party and you asked to borrow my nail polish, the hot pink one with the glitter in it. Then we played that game of Truth or Dare and you dared me to prank call Kevin and tell him I thought he was cute, and then I dared you to call Brandon and call him a gimp. We really bonded that night.