Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bambi needs to eat!

I don't remember where that exclamation came from, exactly. It was the product of one of Mom & Aunt Teresa's marathon giggle-fests, certainly, but the specific context has escaped me. However, it's really the only appropriate thing to say right now. I have been hungry almost all the time this week. It's as though I'm eating nothing but Chinese food; I finish a meal and then an hour later...

The only acceptable way to deal with this, I realize, is to have lots of food around that's good for me. I'll be able to nosh contentedly without succumbing to the siren call of the vending machine. I've been able to avoid the little devil thus far only because I haven't taken any cash with me to work, but I suspect that I'll crack eventually and just borrow a dollar from someone. It's only a matter of time. Quite honestly though, I don't even really want vending machine food. I want fruit and berries and (perhaps incongruously) mashed potatoes. Starch. Carbohydrates. The very things I need to avoid if I don't want to give birth to a thirteen pound monster, but this early in the game, I'm pretty sure it's okay to eat all that. Moderation, yada yada. Chips and candy bars just don't appeal to me right now. Of course, I know that may very well change tomorrow or next week or next month.

All this talk of food has made me hungry! Shocking! I'm gonna go make some dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan and Hungry Ness,
Bambi needs to eat comes from my way of dealing with the fact that my hearing, like so many other things is on the downward...It was in Portland while on a visit, your Mom, Ya-Ya and I had just left Chevys. I was sitting in the back seat and the windows were down, I was trying to keep up with the conversation between the two up front and I said what I thought I heard them say... "Bambi needs to eat?" Of course they just laughed at me and tried in vain to repeat whatever it was I could not hear.. and so it came to be the catch phrase for whatever it is I think I hear or didn't... Eat up me hearties XX OO Aunt T.

Amy said...

I feel the need to eat all the time, too...wish I had a spawn to blame it on :)