Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Four months

Says Great Expectations this week: "The crown-to-rump length is 4 1/2 inches, and your baby weighs 2.5 ounces - about the size of a small gerbil."


Um...I'm assuming they're not including the tail?

Today is "officially" the end of the 16th week (officially in quotes because these sorts of calculations are never precise). More people are commenting on the little belly I'm developing. I'm hungry almost all the time now, trying to maintain the delicate balance between eating enough and not gaining seven hundred pounds over the course of this pregnancy. Because, you know, it could go either way.

On the Bell's Palsy front, things are looking up. Sunday night, three two! weeks to the day after I started noticing the first symptoms, I discovered that I can move the corner of my mouth on the right side, ever so slightly. My eye closes a little better on that side too, and almost all of my taste buds are working again. So hurrah! Looks like I lucked out and got away with only having the mildest version of this thing. I'm quite relieved and feel very fortunate.

That's it for now.

5 comments:

Momentary Academic said...

You need to learn how to karate-chop people when they start touching your abdomen--unless of course, you are cool with that stuff.

I wouldn't be...

susan said...

I've been generally okay thus far because the people who've wanted to do that are folks I know and with whom I'm comfortable. I can imagine it'll get old though. And if strangers start coming up to me in the store or something, when I'm really big...yeah, they're gonna get decked. ;)

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW...It's really happening!
4 1/2 inches, I'm so impressed and excited! I know you two are going to be GREAT parents, he/she is very lucky indeed. Yay for the Bell's progress....Enjoy the moments...
Love & Hugs, YaYa & Buddy

Megan said...

Yay for having a gerbil in your belly, and yay for having a face that almost shows emotion! (Now you know how those women with major Botex must feel.)

susan said...

Yaya - Yep, definitely happening. ;) Biology at work, I tell you.

(Teacher) Megan - Yay, indeed! And really, yeah, my forehead did go completely smooth on that side, but really? I'd much rather be able to use my eyebrows than be wrinkle-free. Botox is absolutely not for me. ;)