Thursday, October 18, 2007

Phoenix Bound

This evening I'm hopping a plane to spend a couple of days in Phoenix visiting my sister (who lives there now) and parents (who have also flown in to visit). As I've never been to the Grand Canyon State, it should be a fine adventure (even if it is a full 10-15 degrees hotter there than here right now). I'm a little bummed that I realized, just at this very moment, that I forgot to pack my camera (d'oh!), but it'll be okay. I'm told there will be maternity clothes shopping, a visit to my sister's classroom, and a possible trip to the state fair. Should be fun!

In other news, I'm on the antivirals and Prednisone now for the Bell's Palsy. All the doctors I spoke with agreed that these are okay to take while in my current, childbearing condition, so that's good. I don't know that the symptoms have gotten much better (I mean, come on, it's only been a few days), but they haven't gotten much worse either. Also good. The right side of my face is nearly completely paralyzed - can't wiggle that eyebrow or flare that nostril - but nothing's drooping. Half of my face just looks impassive. My right eye closes pretty well most of the time when I blink, so with the occasional addition of eyedrops it's been all right. I haven't had to tape it shut at night or anything like that. Decidedly strange, when I look at myself in the mirror, but on the whole not too bad. From what I've read about the condition, my symptoms are definitely on the mild end of the scale, which hopefully is indicative of a speedy and complete recovery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

That's all I've got for now. Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend!

2 comments:

Momentary Academic said...

Well, take care of yourself, kiddo. Have fun with your sister and enjoy the break.

susan said...

Thanks! I intend to. :)