Saturday, October 20, 2007

Week 15

Greetings from the sunny southwest. I'm having a great visit so far with the family. There has been much consuming of tasty foods, many games played with an extremely energetic kitten, and of course much laughter.

Great Expectations is boring this week, with no fun size analogy. It merely says the kid's "between 4 and 4 1/2 inches in length, and about 1 3/4 ounces." I have definitely started to get a little bit of a belly, but it still looks more like I had a big lunch than like I'm with child or something. Supposedly in 2-4 more weeks it'll be more obvious as a "baby bump" (to quote the crazy entertainment magazines and their speculations over which celebrities are secretly pregnant this week).

I did actually buy some maternity pants yesterday, serious maternity pants with the wide elastic band around the waist. They're surprisingly more comfortable than I expected, and (dare I say it) they're actually kind of cute, when I wear a reasonable shirt that covers all the elastic. These pants and a crop top would not be a good look. Maternity stores are kind of odd places though. Most of the clothing assumes you're well into a serious belly development and doesn't provide much in the way of options for those of us who have only just outgrown the waistbands of our everyday pants. Then again, I'm not sure what I expect them to do instead. It's just weird being in kind of an in-between place right now, as far as all that goes. Soon enough, I know.

All right, I'm off to eat some breakfast and start the day. Hope everyone's having a great weekend. :)

4 comments:

Lord Chimmy said...

Maternity pants?! What the hell Susan. You too good for a muumuu now?

susan said...

Personally, I think it'd be ridiculously comfortable. If only they'd let me get away with wearing one at work...

Neil said...

I'm surprised how good most maternity clothes look nowadays. I even thing the ones I see at Target are designed by some big designers.

susan said...

You know, it's entirely possible that I will be more fashionable as a pregnant lady than I was as a not-pregnant lady. ;)