Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Week 17: Gestational update and other tidbits

Another week, another Great Expectations growth tidbit. At the end of the 17th week, the offspring is now "about as wide as [my] palm, about six inches long, and weighs about four ounces - as much as a bar of soap...and [heavier] than the placenta." I'm assuming the six inches is full body (head-to-toe) length, rather than just crown-to-rump, since next week the book says that the CRL (crown-rump length) is only 5 1/2 inches. Anyway. Getting closer every day to the magical, big-enough-to-semi-reliably-determine-gender stage of development. ;)

My face is almost back to normal. My mouth still pulls a little to the left when I talk, since the muscles on that side are still quite a bit stronger, but otherwise you can hardly tell there's anything funky going on. So that's pretty excellent! It's now just a little over three weeks since I noticed the first symptoms, so it really was a speedy sort of thing, all things considered.

I've been really buckling down to get my thesis done and out of the way before too much longer. If all goes according to plan, I'll have a completed draft turned in by Thanksgiving, which will be pretty fantastic. I've been working on the darned project for over a year now, so there will be much jubilation when all's said and done (not least because I'll finally be able to dispose of the big boxes of dirt and organic extracts that have taken up residence in our living room). Just have to keep my nose to the grindstone for a few more weeks.

All right, I've bored y'all enough for one day. Go donate some more rice and have a lovely rest of the morning/afternoon/evening. :)

3 comments:

YaYa & Buddy said...

Great update Susan...
Out stretched the palm, quick get the ruler,(always on hand)and there he/she is!!! :) Too exciting for words! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

madre said...

I was wondering what the book would liken your child to this week! Great news on the Bell's!!! As for the rice bowl, I am totally addicted! Love, Madre XOXOXOXOX

Lord Chimmy said...

May the grindstone be kind to your nose.