Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Week 18

Another week, another update. And this week's one is a doozy.

As of today, the spawn is about 5 to 5 1/2 inches long from crown to rump and weighs a little more than 5 ounces, about the size of...a lobster tail?

Great Expectations, you're killing me here. A lobster tail? Really? I mean, I know I have said of lobster tails, in the past, "Gee, that looks delicious; I wish I had it in my belly," but this is not what I had in mind. You could have done much better with this week's comparison. Much better. Because you know what is also about the same size as a lobster tail?


You're damned right. A soft, fuzzy, cuddly llama's ear. Which is what I would much prefer to imagine I am harboring inside of me, rather than a crusty, pokey, sharp-edged, lobster tail.

6 comments:

YaYa & Buddy said...

I DO AGREE :)
JUST LOVE THE LLAMA..KEEP THE UPDATES COMING!
HUGS, YA YA & BUDDY

Momentary Academic said...

I can't wait until your kid reads this stuff. Hilarious.

GRAND MADRE said...

I feel you must find a different adjective other than "spawn" - it sounds rather X-File like! I do love a good lobster tail but I'd rather cuddle with a llamas ear! Thanks for the wonderful updates. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

susan said...

Yaya - You should've seen all the different llama pictures I went through on Flickr, looking for just the perfect one. ;)

MA - I know. I'm fully expecting rolled eyes and an exasperated "Mo-om!"

GM - No, no, if I really wanted to go X-Files, I'd call it the TBE (terrestrial biological entity). In fact, you may have just inspired me....muahahahaha! ;)

Tom said...

Oh, lord. TBE?

susan said...

;)