Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Week 26

No fun analogies this week. The book says he weighs 1 1/3 pounds now, and if he could stand, he'd be a foot tall. He's gone through a major growth spurt in the past few weeks and will almost double in length between weeks 20 and 28. It's no great surprise I can feel him kicking all the time now. Pretty soon it will be too crowded in there for him to tumble freely.

I suppose now is also the time to start sitting around with big headphones strapped to my belly, playing Mozart for him. (Oh who am I kidding? It'll be Death Cab for Cutie and Rilo Kiley, more likely.) ;) His hearing system, which began development during week 18, is now completely formed. Next month sometime, I will supposedly be able to feel him jump if there's a sudden loud noise nearby.

That's it for this week. Next Tuesday I apparently get to spend the majority of the day at the doctor's office, getting my Rhogam shot (since my blood type is Rh-negative) and undergoing a bunch of blood tests for gestational diabetes. The latter is just a routine thing; there's currently no concern that I actually have gestational diabetes or anything. And then a week from Saturday we start our birthing classes, which I'm sure will be entertaining. So yeah, big doin's next week! We will probably be making our cassoulet with the goose leftovers this weekend too, so you can bet I'll be writing about that if we do. Til then, have a good rest of the week. :)

2 comments:

m.a. said...

Congratulations!

It's so much fun to hear about the baby!

(momentaryacademic)

susan said...

Yay! You're back! I knew you couldn't stay away from blogging forever. :)