Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Week 28

28 weeks down - 12 to go! Great Expectations is starting to pay less attention to growth specifics (since this is the point where most of the growth starts to become pretty individualized) and more attention to overall development, but here's what we've got for this week. The little guy has doubled his weight in the last month. He is now about the size of a bag of flour, weighing in at almost 2.5 lbs. His total length is nearly 15 inches. His body fat is about 2 - 3 percent, and his eyes are capable of opening. Also, and perhaps most importantly, his lungs are developed enough to be capable of breathing air. If I went into labor tomorrow, he'd still be quite premature, but he'd at least have a fighting chance of making it in the great, wide world.

I'll endeavor to get some pictures posted sometime later this week of my ever expanding belly. Truly, I am rocking the "soccer ball smuggler" look these days. It's weird to have such location-specific weight gain. When I step on the scale, it shows me higher numbers than it ever has before, but my wedding ring fits just as loosely as it did the day I got it, and my face isn't much fuller than normal. It's unnatural! But I'm not complaining. ;)

5 comments:

m.a. said...

That's awesome that you're not gaining weight all over! Woot.

megan said...

Sweetness! Can you see your toes anymore? So I'm just wondering when and if I will be able to see you guys before you have the little tater tot, or if you are planning to come up after he is born?

susan said...

MA - I know I've still got 3 months to go, and plenty could change in that time, but for now, woot indeed!

Meg - I think I'll still be able to see my toes for another month or so. No guarantees, but that's my best guess. ;) We'll be in Portland in June for my sister's wedding, and I'm pretty sure we'll try to make a day trip down to Eugene to see you & Cam & Christine. The tater tot will be a little over 2 months old, so still pretty small and wiggly and cute.

MC squared said...

I would consider it a great birthday present to get to see the kiddo in June too.

Megan said...

Yay! I can't wait to see belly pictures!