Monday, March 10, 2008

Brief update and something else to look at

I finally got around to putting up some of the pictures I took when Tom & I went up to the Bay Area a few weeks ago. You can see them here. I'll add the rest of the bonfire photos soon.

Work's been crazy busy, and I expect it to remain so for the next 3 weeks until I go on maternity leave. Lots of overtime will be necessary, I expect, in order to get a big project wrapped up and squared away. I'm also about 2 weeks away from putting my masters thesis to bed, once and for all. (Can I get a "hell yeah!"?) I am chagrined, as always, that I have yet again managed to get myself into a position where I'm scrambling to get everything done at nearly the last minute, but at the same time, it still feels awfully good to be getting things accomplished, knowing I won't have them hanging over my head while I'm learning how to, you know, be a mom and everything.

Insert same old annual gripe about Daylight Saving Time, with extra gripitude about it starting 3 weeks early this year. Or however early they've started it. The bastards.

The kiddo's starting to run out of room in there. He does less kicking and more stretching and rolling these days, but the occasional kick is a lot more visible from the outside than it used to be. He can still flip himself completely around, but I feel it a lot more. He spends a good deal of time with some part of himself pressed up against my left hipbone, which I can't imagine is any more comfortable for him than it is for me, but what do I know? He gets the hiccups every couple of days or so. The doctor says he's growing right on schedule, by which I'm hoping she means he won't be enormous when it's time to make his exit.

All right, to bed. Go look at those pictures, and check back at Flickr in a few days for the rest of 'em. G'night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hearty "hell yeah!" from Yaya & Buddy

MC Squared said...

Hell yeah!