Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Arrival!

No, no, the kid's not here yet. Still got about another month til he's due to join us. No, I'm talking about this little beauty, who was waiting for me when I got home this evening.


It's a Canon Digital Rebel XTi! I have been wanting one of these for months and months, and when my company handed out our annual bonuses last week, Tom & I each chose a "splurge" item on which to spend some of the money. Tom replaced his falling-apart, cheapo Target bike with a sexy new one, and I wasted no time ordering a digital SLR. (Both of our purchases, coincidentally, are a pretty, matte black. Always with the unintentional matching! Hehe.) So yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to playing with the new camera. Gotta make sure I hone my photography skills in time to capture every adorable, drooly moment of our soon-to-arrive offspring's life, after all.

And yes, my belly is still getting bigger. I'm past the 8 month mark now though; surely he can't grow that much more in 4 weeks, right? Right?

6 comments:

Sara said...

It would make sense to me thats it's physically impossible for your belly to grow any larger!;) I'm glad we now get to view your progress in high definition!

ml said...

nifty!! you're belly is HUGE!!! =)

madre said...

Oh my!!! I think you should have the baby while I'm there this weekend - It's amazing that your body can expand that much!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! You are fantastic!!
Are you still driving??? My Word!!
See you soon....Love and if I could get close enough, Hugs!
Yaya

Amy said...

Ha! You are bursting!

susan said...

Sara - I read that babies put on between 1/8 and 1/2 a pound per week in the last month of pregnancy. Hopefully this kid will not be gaining at the maximum rate, or I'll surely split in two before he's ready to come out!

ML - It is quite large now, it's true.

Madre - Yeaaaah, no. ;) I still have one more week of work, and lots to finish in that time! Truly though, it is amazing how much I've managed to expand (stretch marks and all).

Yaya - Believe it or not, I still fit just fine behind my desk and the steering wheel in the car! And thank goodness.

Amy - And I still have a month to go.