Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pingu Sue


I realized today, as I was out and about, that at 8 1/2 months pregnant...I walk like a penguin.

I do. I totally walk like a penguin. Little steps, kind of waddling from side to side as I go, big ol' belly protruding in front of me. Penguins can't see their toes; neither can I. At least penguins have that whole sliding-on-ice thing going for them. I can't say I see that as being a viable option for me. ;)

Maternity leave has been pretty great so far, I have to say. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it was getting, having to sit at my desk all day. I've been able to walk a lot more now that I'm home, too, which is excellent. My hips are really feeling better for it. (Yay!) And of course, there are the much-appreciated leisure activities. I've been making my way through the "adventure mode" in Super Smash Brothers Brawl; figure I'd better get my fill of video gaming before the little mister arrives and gives me less frivolous ways to spend my "free time."

All right, it's time for me to get some dinner together. No diving for herring, thank goodness; this penguin's having tacos tonight. More again soon, I promise.

2 comments:

Amy said...

penguins are my favorite animals! :)

ml said...

heehee. i've been walking like a penguin too - but because i lifted lots of weights and my legs are sore!

i'm glad you're enjoying maternity leave!!