Sunday, July 06, 2008

My Favorite Things

I think my new favorite time of day is in the morning when I get home from work. I set down my things, take off my shoes, and go into the bedroom where my two favorite people are dozing all adorably. I quietly get into pjs and brush my teeth, and then I get to settle down beside them. Usually Soren stirs before too long, looking for some breakfast, and I get to cuddle him up to me for a bit while he eats sleepily. Sometimes he drifts back off, and I can gather him on to my chest where he settles with a sigh, and the three of us snooze a bit longer until Tom has to get up for work. Other times, Soren decides it's time to wake up for a while, and he'll lay there grinning and cooing at me. Eventually he's back off to Nod, and I get to watch him doze contentedly, smiling in his sleep every so often, before falling asleep myself. It's just the best.

I wish I could bottle up these days and squirrel them away somehow. I know I'm going to blink, and my little boy will be trotting off to kindergarten, blink again and find him headed off to college. Nope, my only option is to enjoy every moment of this time now, and believe me, I surely am.

4 comments:

Megan said...

My heart completed melted with this post. Beautiful.

madre y padre said...

Dad and I know just what you mean - you are all so wonderful together...

YaYa & Buddy said...

Just for the record......I don't know when I have been so moved by the content of your posting. :) You three make all of us VERY, VERY happy..thank you!

susan said...

And then there are days like this morning, when I could hear Soren squalling from the front walk, and I came in to find a very tired-looking husband trying to change the diaper of a very squirmy baby who was protesting most vociferously. Poor guys, the both of 'em. We got back to sleepy, cuddly status before too long, though.