Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two for two on the stuffed squash-fruits

Last night for dinner I continued cooking up my farmers' market haul. This time it was some pretty fantastic goat cheese stuffed zucchini and roasted corn on the cob. The zucchini were pretty freaking outstanding. Then again, how could they not be, really? Zucchini with onions, sauteed in butter, combined with bread crumbs & crumbled goat cheese, topped with fresh tomato...what's not to love?

The only problem with making slightly more elaborate meals during the week is that I don't get to take full advantage of Soren's evening nap (by which I mean that I spend his napping hour cooking instead of napping along with him). So the tradeoff for the extra deliciousness has been a marked decrease in my energy level, leading me to look forward to the weekend with even more gleeful anticipation than normal. On the other hand, I've taken up watching old X-Files episodes on the laptop while I cook or do the dishes, so I'm making my way through Season 1 with no small amount of delight. Such a dork. ;) It's fun, though. I haven't seen most of these episodes in years, and I've (gasp!) forgotten a lot of the finer plot and dialogue details. Tonight, though, I will likely favor a nap over a new recipe, so I'll catch more X-Files over the weekend, perhaps.

No comments: