Friday, August 22, 2008

Zoom!

Well, there went another week. Hard to believe I've been back to work, living the vampire life, for 7 weeks already. On Mondays and Tuesdays, it feels like Friday will never get here, but overall, one week just blends right into the next, and into the next, and into the next...

Soren's becoming quite the grown up little fellow, sleeping through the night more often than not. And I mean through the night, from about midnight until 7 or 8, and then going back to sleep again once he's eaten. Unfortunately, this has lately meant that he's ready to wake up and start the day for good around 11:00am, by which time I've only been asleep for a couple of hours. Imagine going to bed at your usual hour (say, 10pm) only to be awakened at midnight and made to stay awake until 2 or 3 in the morning. Then you can go back to sleep, but only for an hour, and then you have to stay up again til 6 or 7. If you're lucky you'll be able to catch one more hour before you have to go to work. It gets a little exhausting after a few days in a row!

(I'm not gunning for your sympathy here...I will continue to reiterate that I've brought this on myself by refusing the daycare option.)

Happily, I haven't (yet) had too many days in a row with this minimum sleep load. This week, for example, the first few days were rough, but the last two mornings Soren has let me sleep - minimally interrupted - until 2 or 3 in the afternoon! Nice! So it all evens out in the end. And now, at long last, Friday has arrived, so I'm going to end this somewhat nonsensical post and head on home. Later, there will be more Soren-in-his-jumpy-swing video fun, so check back for that!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Your schedule sounds grueling--I don't know how you do it! My little Stella sleeps from 8 pm until about 5 or 6 am, and then she's up for the day, except for a few catnaps here and there. If I had to work at night and take care of her all day, I would be EXHAUSTED! How do you even find time to blog? :-)

susan said...

Mostly I write blog posts during my "lunch break" at work (around 3am). It's a tough schedule, but we're all managing. :) And I won't have to keep it up forever.