Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Jazzed

Just a couple of hours more and I will be free! Free for four whole days! Free I say!

I have been looking forward to this long weekend for a while now. (No great surprise, that.) I recall last year being so very excited for Thanksgiving time, walking out of work on Wednesday afternoon with a goofy grin on my face and a giddy spring in my step. I imagine I'll be walzing out of the building much the same way this year, ready for four days of rest and food and rest and family and rest and food and rest!

Thanksgiving is to be quite the to-do this year. Amy & her husband are driving out from Phoenix (on the road right now, actually), and my parents will by flying in late tonight. The family is converging - as usual - at Aunt Teresa's, where there will be food and craziness and food and Wii-playing and food and Soren-doting and food. After I wake up later this morning/afternoon, I'll set to work making the side dish we're bringing over (looks to be a delicious concoction of smashed butternut squash & sweet potatoes with carmelized onions & a citrus-y flair). Should be pretty tasty, I'm hoping.

Feast well, my friends! Back at ya a few days later and a few pounds heavier. ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

A grand time was had by all :)