Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Everything I Own

This seemed like kind of an interesting thing to do. We'll see.

1. Put your iPod (or media player) on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!

Here goes.

IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones) -- I just may use this as a standard Captain Random response from now on.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Sexy Plexi (Jack Johnson) -- Why thank you.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
David Duchovny (Bree Sharp) -- Haha! Umm...no comment.

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
What I Got (Sublime) -- Could go with band name here instead? 'Cause that doesn't make much sense.

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Here Comes the Sun (Nick Cave) -- More like here comes the son...

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Get Over It (OK Go) -- Pretty good motto!

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Ordinary (Face to Face) -- Aw :(

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Red Room (Jude) -- Not really, but I do get the song Red Red Wine stuck in my head periodically.

WHAT IS 2+2?
The Good Life (Weezer) -- Totally.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Walk On Me (Ben Kweller) -- Not true! No!

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
American Girl (Ween) -- Er. Let's just use that one for someone I like platonically, shall we? ;)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Mrs. Robinson (Me First & the Gimme Gimmes) -- Totally not.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Ain't Loved At All (Jack Johnson) -- Stop lying, mp3 player!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
No More Shall We Part (Nick Cave) -- Finally, something true (even if the song is totally creepy)

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Fly Like An Eagle (Steve Miller Band) -- Okay, I can go with that one.

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Sha Sha (Ben Kweller) -- This may actually have been on our wedding playlist.

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
I Am A Rock (Simon & Garfunkle) -- Sure...but I like the Me First & Gimme Gimmes version better.

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
The Joker (Steve Miller Band) -- I do like jokes...

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
California Dreaming (Me First & the Gimme Gimmes) -- Ha! Couldn't be further from the truth.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Ride (Liz Phair) -- I have my own car, thanks very much. You're more than just wheels to me, my friends!

WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Fire & Rain (Me First & the Gimme Gimmes) -- That could be pretty bad.

HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Skills to Pay the Bills (Beastie Boys) -- I will apparently die in some sort of rap battle.

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
OK Nightmare (Caviar) -- Sure, I guess any regrets could be classified as nightmares in some sense.

WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Allison (Elvis Costello) -- I don't actually know any Allisons. Possibly I will meet a funny one?

WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
Soba Violence (Beastie Boys) -- *sniff* Be nice to the noodles!

WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
Caress Me Down (Sublime) -- I guess that's a yes?

WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Bad News (Jack Johnson) -- Definitely scary!

DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Falling For You (Weezer) -- Keep on falling, baby. ;)

IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel) -- Totally. Forget that chick. Or something.

WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
Fallen (Bree Sharp) -- My back does kind of feel like I've fallen down recently.

WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Everything I Own (Jude)


Okay, so that was kind of hit & miss. Oh well. Good enough for moderate temporary amusement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, this is hilarious.

Bethany said...

oops that was me leaving the comment--I didn't mean for it to be "anonymous".

MC Squared said...

You are so not ordinary.