Monday, December 22, 2008

Vampire No More

Well, vampire not much longer, anyway.

When the morning comes, and my boss arrives to work for the day, I will be handing him my official two-week notice. That snub at the Christmas party was just too much, and I will not stand for that kind of treatment any longer!

Hehe. I kid. But only about the second part.

Tom's dream job starts at the end of March - it's official! - and he's got a thesis to write and defend in the meantime, which will be a whole lot easier if he doesn't have to also be Mr. Mom at night all by himself. I cannot express how much I am looking forward to really sleeping again. Every night! For like, hours and hours at a stretch! Heavenly.

Never mind the fact that there's this huge cross-country move to plan. That's right, D.C. denizens, we are soon to be among your number. Specifically, we'll be settling in Northern Virginia. (Bethany, prepare yourself for the potential barrage of questions that may be fired in your direction!) It's all very new and exciting and a little scary (but much more exciting than scary), and I'm pretty stoked to start this next phase of our lives. I've never been to D.C. and ohmyfreakinggawd am I jazzed about being so close to the Smithsonian and the Newseum and the Library of Congress and the International Spy Museum...just to name a few! And once I've had a little time off to be Mommy 24/7, I will be in a prime location to actually use my Masters degree when I'm ready to go back to work. Doesn't get much better than that, folks.

So 2009 will dawn bright and clear and vampire shift-free, and I couldn't be more pleased. Happy New Year, indeed!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Jefferson and I are coming to visit for spring break...so be ready! :)

MC Squared said...

I'm so happy for you Johnsons. I'm a little sad that you'll be even further away, but I'm overwhelmingly stoked for all of you. Congratulations Tom. Yay for Susan.

ml said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!! I think JenRug might live in northern VA... We have to have a few more dinners before ya'll leave for good!

Bethany said...

So exciting! I would be happy to help you out with any questions you have! How cool that we're going to be neighbors! :-)