Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 in Review

I keep hearing people say how glad they are that 2008 is over, but in all honesty, it wasn't all that bad of a year for me. Here's a brief recap of the good stuff from last year.

January: Spent most of it playing Guitar Hero III on our new Wii. Awesome.

February: We took a fun weekend trip to the Bay Area, where I hauled my 7-months-pregnant butt up and down the hills of San Francisco. Also, we moved out of our crappy apartment and into a nicer one in the apartment complex right next door!

March: I got my beautiful, beautiful dSLR and had my super fun baby shower. Also, my maternity leave started.

April: Soren was born!

May: My parents came down for a weekend to meet the boy, and then FarmerMegan was here for a week. Also celebrated 2 happy years of marriage. :)

June: My little sister got married. Soren got to meet his other grandparents on that trip, as well as a bunch of friends.

July: I discovered I actually liked yogurt, and I got to see the second X-Files movie. SisMegan came to stay with us for a couple of weeks (super helpful, since I went back to work this month too).

August: Soren's first laugh. Soren's first plane ride (for his second trip to Oregon). Bacon cups of awesomeness. Masters thesis finished and bound! Got to go shooting for the first time in over a year.

September: OSU broke USC's winning streak...again. Take that, suckers!

October: I started crock pot cooking again, and Soren figured out how to crawl.

November: My parents were here for Thanksgiving. Soren learned how to stand & cruise. I made homemade pasta for the first time. And let's not forget it was the first presidential election I was able to vote in and not be depressed about the results!

December: Soren's first Christmas, and my six-month tour of vampire shift duty in the vitamin mines drew to an end.

Sure, the sleep deprivation was pretty brutal at times, and things weren't super awesome all the time, but all told, 2008 was not a bad year at all. I hope 2009 is even better!

2 comments:

MC Squared said...

I love how upbeat you are. Thanks for the happy review.

susan said...

:)