Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday walkabout

Yesterday, for the first time in over a week, Soren was feeling well enough for us to take a little stroll. I grabbed my camera, put the boy in a long-sleeved shirt, stepped outside, immediately returned indoors and changed him into short sleeves, went back outside, strapped him in the stroller, and headed for Old Town. Apologies to my friends in cooler climes, but it was frickin' warm out yesterday. And bright, though McSquinty refused to wear his sunglasses. I flipped the stroller backwards until we were in the shade.

We wandered for a couple of hours, me taking pictures, Soren sitting quietly for a while, then starting up a stream of chatter. We stopped at the gelato place for some lemon sorbet (for me, but he did get a few tastes). We went to the Apple store and drooled over the pretty electronics. We saw a guy with two crazy-long dreadlocks hanging down below his butt; the rest of his hair was cropped short, but he had one dread on each side of his head, like some sort of Luxan. Eventually Soren fell asleep, and we made our way home.

It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I pictured something completely different with hair hanging down below his butt... *shudder*