Friday, April 03, 2009

Growing boy

Soren has been eating a lot these days. He's up to a whole banana in a sitting, usually for breakfast or lunch, though last night he had one for breakfast and one for dinner. He loves bread. He is not particularly thrilled about eating things off spoons anymore, but he'll do it without too much of a fuss. He is finally figuring out how to extract liquid from his sippy cup, though more often he'd just rather carry it around and chew on it.

He hardly ever crawls anymore. If he falls down, he just gets back up and keeps on walking. Yesterday afternoon we were coming home from the grocery store, him in the front pack and me all laden down with the groceries like a pack mule. We got off the elevator and started down the (looooong) hallway, and I thought, Hey, I bet if I let him out of the pack he'll just follow me down the hall. So I let him out, and boy oh boy did he think that was the greatest time EVER! Giggled continuously as he tottered after me down the hall, swerving like a drunken sailor, falling down a few times but always climbing right back up, grinning and giggling all the while. Today we walked down to get the mail together, and I only carried him while we were in the elevator and a little bit in the lobby.

Also today, he seems to have figured out how to kick things. Like his tiny soccer ball. So. Freaking. Cute.

I seem to have misplaced my little digital camera (the one that takes videos). I know it has to be around here somewhere, but I have not been able to find it! So, sorry about that. If it doesn't turn up soon I'll figure out some other way of getting videos up for everyone.

That's about it for now. Happy Friday, all. :)

2 comments:

MC Squared said...

Kicking the ball totally got me. I love that little guy.

Anonymous said...

Loved the soccer montage !

SoccerGrandpa