Monday, June 08, 2009

Day 60


This weekend we began the night weaning in earnest. It's not easy, but it hasn't been quite as bad as I expected. It takes a little longer to get him settled and back to sleep when he wakes up in the middle of the night, but he hasn't been pitching enormous fits like I thought he would. We also (unintentionally, at least on my part) ended up mostly day-weaning him as well. Saturday morning I left the house relatively early (9am) to go to my horse riding lesson, and when I got back around lunch time, he was already down for his nap. Then when his afternoon nap rolled around, Tom put him down, so no pre-nap nursing that time either. So now we're just down to mom-milk in the morning and before bed. He still asks for it in the middle of the day but has, for the most part, been content to take water from his sippy cup instead.

And here's a picture for you that has nothing to do with any of that. ;) Just a silly close-up of the lad.

No comments: