Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 78


Wednesday was my birthday. Whee! I took Soren to a playdate in the morning, and then spent most of the rest of the day trying to get him to nap. As a special birthday present to me, the U.S. men's soccer team pulled off a surprising victory against Spain in the Confederations Cup semifinals (thanks, guys!). I guess that's what I get for being such a hardcore, longtime soccer fan. ;)

I kid, of course, but I am developing more appreciation for the game, and the win was quite exciting (Spain is ranked #1 in the world, after all, and Tom says that the US's #14 ranking is "charitable, at best"). In celebration, here's Soren drinking some rice milk and wearing his new puppies-playing-soccer pjs. Photo taken using the sweet new flash diffuser Tom got me (along with a couple other nifty accessories for my camera).

No comments: