Friday, December 04, 2009

Day 238


Tuesday we had playgroup in the morning, after which he refused to fall asleep until way late in the afternoon. That was pretty frustrating. But then he fell asleep with his seahorse on his belly, which was quite cute.

So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought Soren a couple of books in preparation for his impending big brotherhood. He seems to pick up a lot of concepts during his evening storytime, so this seemed like the best way to introduce the idea that there would be a new member of the family soon. I picked out Hello, Baby and I'm a Big Brother. He loves these books. Given the option, he would have us read them four or five times in a sitting. Hello, Baby is particularly good, I think. It's very matter of fact without being too dry. It focuses on the latter part of pregnancy up until the baby comes home from the hospital. Soren recognizes certain aspects (going in for checkups and getting to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler scanner), and he's even started to cuddle my belly while he's on my lap, saying "Baby?" So good job, books!

No comments: